Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2017/03/30 21:48:47 UTC

Formal verification of the Driver <-> Driver Protocol

Hi,

Doug is working towards replacing the JVM/CLR bridge in the Driver with a
protocol between two processes in [REEF-335]. That *new* protocol could be
an interesting case for the interest several of our community members had
in formal verification of REEF.

WDYT?

Markus

Re: Formal verification of the Driver <-> Driver Protocol

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Doug,
GSoC is a program, sponsored by Google, where a student works on a topic of
an open source project during summer. Students work for three months (about
30 hours / week).

This year, so far we have two umbrella issues for GSoC.
- Formal verification of REEF protocols
- Enhancing resource manager support: node labels, preemption, better
support for Mesos, etc.

Cheers,
Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Formal verification of the Driver <-> Driver Protocol

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good. How about adding it be part of the GSOC 2017 formal
verification topic?
Gyewon created two umbrella GSoC topics: one of them is formal verification
of REEF protocols.

This year we've been getting interests from many students.

--
Byung-Gon Chun