Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jason Taylor <ja...@dedoose.com> on 2016/02/19 20:49:33 UTC

Question regards FlexJS and threads/workers

was just wondering with FlexJS if we will better be able to utilize background threads, and how that interaction might work.
~ JT

Re: Question regards FlexJS and threads/workers

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/19/16, 11:49 AM, "Jason Taylor" <ja...@dedoose.com> wrote:

>was just wondering with FlexJS if we will better be able to utilize
>background threads, and how that interaction might work.

I haven't even thought about it.  Both SWF and many browsers seem to
support a "Worker" concept so I imagine we would try to leverage that.
Are there things about Flex that don't work well with workers that we
should change in FlexJS?

Thanks,
-Alex