Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães <rp...@yahoo.com.br> on 2010/04/30 00:09:31 UTC

Maven Eclipse plugin

Hey there people!

I work for a company that uses Eclipse and Maven a lot, therefore, I use a lot the maven-eclipse-plugin. I'm starting to need some improvements made and fixes done for this plugin, therefor I joined this mailing list to try to help you guys improve it. I hope I can help somehow.

In fact, I uploaded some patches for issues I'd like to have solved (MECLIPSE-636) and I hope to soon contribute with MECLIPSE-537, MECLIPSE-506, MECLIPSE-463 and some others. Is there someone that I may communicate with to help me understand certain parts of the code? Also, is there someone who is responsible to commiting the fixes to the repository?

Looking forward to collaborate with the Maven community,
Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães

Re: Maven Eclipse plugin

Posted by Ramiro Pereira de Magalhaes <rp...@yahoo.com.br>.
On 30-04-2010 01:11, Barrie Treloar wrote:
> 2010/4/30 Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães<rp...@yahoo.com.br>:
>
>> Hey there people!
>>
>> I work for a company that uses Eclipse and Maven a lot, therefore, I use a lot the maven-eclipse-plugin. I'm starting to need some improvements made and fixes done for this plugin, therefor I joined this mailing list to try to help you guys improve it. I hope I can help somehow.
>>
>> In fact, I uploaded some patches for issues I'd like to have solved (MECLIPSE-636) and I hope to soon contribute with MECLIPSE-537, MECLIPSE-506, MECLIPSE-463 and some others. Is there someone that I may communicate with to help me understand certain parts of the code? Also, is there someone who is responsible to commiting the fixes to the repository?
>>
>> Looking forward to collaborate with the Maven community,
>> Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães
>>
> Looking at the comments for (MECLIPSE-537, MECLIPSE-506, MECLIPSE-463)
> they all appear to be issues with the version of maven in use rather
> than being m-e-p problems.
> Feel free to create integration tests for these issues to show they
> are no longer a problem.
>
> For MECLIPSE-636 if you have created an integration test for it then
> you have a much better chance of getting it patched.
> There are about 3 of us that work intermittently on m-e-p.
>
> The best way to catch our attention is to mail this list like you have.
> Preferrable with a subject like "Maven Eclipse Plugin:<bug id>".
> The keyword eclipse will at least flag my emails as something for me
> to look at and helps me find stuff amongst all the messages on the
> list.

Indeed, everything is working fine on later versions of Maven, like
2.2.1. I'll try to work on those integration tests you mentioned.

Ramiro Pereira de Magalhães

Re: Maven Eclipse plugin

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.