Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by William Wong <ww...@atp.com> on 2001/04/24 20:59:20 UTC

turbine build failed - no Freemarker.jar ?

I just checkout the latest turbine sources from cvs. When I run the
build-turbine.sh script, the compilation fails. I think the freemarker.jar
is missing from the CLASSPATH/lib. I can't seem to find this file. Can
anyone help ?

I tried using my existing freemarker-jdk1.2.jar dated May 11, 2000 but it
also failed to compile:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 115 source files to
/install/cvs-projects/jakarta-turbine/bin/cl
asses
    [javac]
/install/cvs-projects/jakarta-turbine/bin/src/org/apache/turbine/services/
freemarker/NavigationModel.java:77:
org.apache.turbine.services.freemarker.NavigationM
odel should be declared abstract; it does not define
exec(freemarker.template.Argument
List) in org.apache.turbine.services.freemarker.NavigationModel
    [javac] public class NavigationModel
    [javac]        ^
    [javac]
/install/cvs-projects/jakarta-turbine/bin/src/org/apache/turbine/services/

Thanks.

-keng

Re: turbine build failed - no Freemarker.jar ?

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Freemarker is not needed to compile turbine.  The freemarker adaptors
are only added to the compile directory, if freemarker jar is present.

john mcnally

Posted by Keng Wong <ke...@verizon.net>.
I have found the jar file.
Downloaded the freemarker153.tar.gz from sourceforge.net and extracted the
freemarker.jar. Now the compile works. Sorry for the post.

Should this jar file be in jakarta-turbine/lib/ ?