Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by hari narayanan <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 23:21:25 UTC

Applying a sample data set to lucene

Hi,

I am new to lucene... and i would like to see its working by applying it to
a sample data set .... Can some one tell me from where i can download a data
set so that i can test them using lucene?

Thanks,
Hari

Re: Applying a sample data set to lucene

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I would not go there first. There are examples out there to, for instance,
index Wikipedia but that is, IMO, too complex for just starting to get
your feet wet.

I think you'd be better off looking at the Lucene demo code and
trying to understand/modify that as a starting point, see:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1_0/gettingstarted.html

Once you understand how that works, you'll be ready to tackle
more complex Lucene implementations.

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_1_0/gettingstarted.html>Best
Erick