Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 01:34:08 UTC

parameterised way (like maven.test.skip=true) to bypass a phase/goal

Hello All,

Just wanted to know if there is a way to bypass a phase or a goal
(defined in a pom) on invoking the same from the command prompt ..like
we do for bypassing the test-cases with mvn "phase"
-Dmaven.test.skip=true...i doubt there is..but just wanted to be
sure..

Thanks and Regards,

Farhan.

Re: parameterised way (like maven.test.skip=true) to bypass a phase/goal

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> regarding the 'skip' configuration, you will need to lookup each plugin doco
>
> there are  a few plugins have this option already, like hibernate3,
> eclipse, dbunit,
> antrun, etc

As a plugin author, if someone made a reasonable case for adding a
skip configuration to one of my plugins, I'd be happy to add it. But
the real solution in most cases (IMO) is proper use of profiles.

Wayne

Re: parameterised way (like maven.test.skip=true) to bypass a phase/goal

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
On 8/22/07, Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick follow up Dan....so not even a goal can be skipped ?....

No
> Further...i think even skipping the executions can be something
> beneficial for me..i have certain sql script files (e.g.
> db-clean,db-create,db-populate) which i would want to associate with
> generate-test-resource and process-test-resources (they seem to be the
> appropriate phases for the above tasks) and i shall be using
> maven-sql-plugin to achieve this..can you elaborate on how would be do
> this for any plugin (or lets say the sql plugin).....and how would u
> know if a plugin do give this option..

Profile is your friend if you want to do conditional execution.

Posted by Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.