Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jared Cook <ja...@vsahost.com> on 2004/08/30 17:56:25 UTC

MP2 output filters and CGI headers

I am trying to use a mod_perl stream output filter which checks for a
certain tag in the output.  If the tag is found, a
"$f->r->headers_out->set(Location => $url);" is given.  This works fine
with most things, but if  a CGI script prints the tag, nothing happens.
I think the CGI script is printing it's own header before the redirect
is sent.  Is that what is happening here,  and if so, what can I do to
get around it?

TIA,

Jared

Re: MP2 output filters and CGI headers

Posted by Jared Cook <ja...@vsahost.com>.
Jared Cook wrote:

> I am trying to use a mod_perl stream output filter which checks for a
> certain tag in the output.  If the tag is found, a
> "$f->r->headers_out->set(Location => $url);" is given.  This works
> fine with most things, but if  a CGI script prints the tag, nothing
> happens.  I think the CGI script is printing it's own header before
> the redirect is sent.  Is that what is happening here,  and if so,
> what can I do to get around it?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jared

Please disregard this question.  A little time with Ethereal showed me
that my theory was wrong, and now I now where to look to fix the problem.