Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Yeray Santana Borges <ye...@hotmail.com> on 2012/12/05 20:07:33 UTC

Apache POI 3.8 and backward compatibility

Hello,

I'm planning to migrate one application that currently it is using Apache POI 3.6 to Apache POI 3.8. First I'm looking for information about possible issues that I can find during my migration. I haven't seen any related document in http://poi.apache.org about the migration and due to that I would like to know in the new release Apache poi 3.8 is compatible with previous versions.

Do you know if there are incompatibilities between Apache POI  3.6 and Apache POI 3.8?

Thanks in advance

Re: Apache POI 3.8 and backward compatibility

Posted by MARK GOLDEN <ma...@btopenworld.com>.
Hi,

For images/pictures you may look at adding commons-codec for 3.8.

Regards,
Mark