Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io> on 2016/10/16 00:51:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2

All,

This is the second release candidate for Apache Geode, version
1.0.0-incubating. I discarded the first release candidate since my pgp
key was missing from the KEYS file.
Thanks to all the community members to drive towards this milestone!

It fixes the following issues:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318420&version=12332343

*** Please download, test and vote by Wednesday, October 19, 0800 hrs
US Pacific.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag):
   rel/1.0.0-incubating.RC2
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-geode.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/rel/v1.0.0-incubating.RC2>

Commit ID: 280a407c59a89401d5d87d6e6aeda1c975870753
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-geode.git;a=commit;h=280a407c59a89401d5d87d6e6aeda1c975870753>

Source and binary files:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/geode/1.0.0-incubating.RC2/

The documentation on how to install and use Apache Geode are hosted
on pivotal.io:
   http://geode.docs.pivotal.io

Maven staging repo:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeode-1014/

Geode's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-geode/blob/release/1.0.0-incubating/KEYS

Release Signed with Key: pub   4096R/18F902DB 2016-04-07
Fingerprint: E1B1 ABE3 4753 E7BA 8097  4285 8F8F 2BCC 18F9 02DB

Thanks,

Swapnil.

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

:)

Niall

Posted by Mark Bretl <as...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
I think we should ship the pdf docs. Geode shouldn't point to Pivotal for
its docs.

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer - Gemfire Product Manager

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
I'm a fan of PDFs, too, for their searchability among other things.
There's no process in place, yet, for generating a good-looking PDF from
the Markdown sources. Something to put on the to-do list.
Right now, HTML format is the best presentation.

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io>.
Following up - I gave the plugin a good try, had some help from Dan. No
luck getting it to run correctly. (It was last updated a couple of years
ago.)
Will pursue some other avenues.

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.

--

~/William

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by Jared Stewart <js...@pivotal.io>.
Sadly just looked at the license for wkhtmltopdf and it uses GPL 3.0.  I believe that would be an issue as discussed here <https://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html>.

Posted by Jared Stewart <js...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.

--

~/William

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.

--

~/William

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
+1

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

--

~/William

Re: Hosting the docs (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2)

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.
Only a very enthusiastic +1. :)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Mark Bretl <as...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Checked signatures
- Ran gfsh: ./gfsh version --full
- Built from source
- Verified Commit ID atches with source tar ball
- Reviewed BUILDING.md

Under 'Build from Source on Windows' in BUILDING.md it states minimum
Gradle is 2.12, when the gradle.properites file has 2.14.1. When run with
2.12, the build fails due to our Gradle version check. I am not sure how
many people will try to build from source on Windows, but it is an issue.
The workaround is to download the 2.14.1 version of Gradle.Its not a big
deal, only a small issue out of the box with Windows. BUILDING.md needs to
be updated.

Also, a big +1 for the binary tar ball for 1.0 is 23MB smaller than M3.

--Mark

Posted by Karen Miller <km...@pivotal.io>.
@Anil:

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
+1 for release...

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Karen,

Posted by Karen Miller <km...@pivotal.io>.
+0

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

--

~/William

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
+0

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating - RC2

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
+1