Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Meier, Alexander" <Al...@t-systems-dmc.com> on 2017/05/19 14:20:26 UTC

Hive interpreter Error as soon as Hive query uses MapRed

Hi list

I’m trying to get a Hive interpreter correctly running on a CDH 5.7 Cluster with Spark 1.6. Simple queries are running fine, but as soon as a query needs a MapRed tasks in order to complete, the query fails with:

java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask
	at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:279)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingStatement.execute(DelegatingStatement.java:291)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingStatement.execute(DelegatingStatement.java:291)
	at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.executeSql(JDBCInterpreter.java:580)
	at org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.interpret(JDBCInterpreter.java:692)
	at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:95)
	at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:490)
	at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:175)
	at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.FIFOScheduler$1.run(FIFOScheduler.java:139)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
etc…

I’ve got the interpreter set up as follows:

Properties
name						value
default.driver					org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
default.url					jdbc:hive2://[hostname]:10000
hive.driver					org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
hive.url						jdbc:hive2://[hostname]:10000
zeppelin.interpreter.localRepo	/opt/zeppelin/local-repo/2CJ4XM2Z4

Dependencies
artifact
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hive/lib/hive-jdbc.jar
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hive/lib/hive-service.jar
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop/client/hadoop-common.jar
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hive/lib/hive-common.jar
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hive/lib/hive-metastore.jar

Unfortunately I haven’t found any help googling around… anyone here with some helpful input?

Best regards and many thanks in advance,
Alex

Re: Hive interpreter Error as soon as Hive query uses MapRed

Posted by Ben Vogan <be...@shopkick.com>.
I am running CDH 5.7 and Spark 1.6 as well and hive is working for me with
the following configuration:

Properties
namevalue
common.max_count 1000
default.driver org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
default.password
default.url jdbc:hive2://hdfs004:10000
default.user hive
zeppelin.interpreter.localRepo
/services/zeppelin/zeppelin-0.7.1/local-repo/2CECB8FBV
zeppelin.jdbc.auth.type
zeppelin.jdbc.concurrent.max_connection 10
zeppelin.jdbc.concurrent.use true
zeppelin.jdbc.keytab.location
zeppelin.jdbc.principal
Dependencies
artifactexclude
org.apache.hive:hive-jdbc:0.14.0
org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-common:2.6.0

I admit to not having spent time figuring out whether there are any edge
cases that are broken because I am using the open source version of the
odbc driver vs using the cloudera jars.  However, it definitely returns
results from complex select queries and has no issues with DDL statements
that I've tried.

Good luck!
--Ben

--
*BENJAMIN VOGAN* | Data Platform Team Lead

<http://www.shopkick.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/shopkick> <https://www.instagram.com/shopkick/>
<https://www.pinterest.com/shopkick/> <https://twitter.com/shopkickbiz>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/831240/?pathWildcard=831240>

Re: Hive interpreter Error as soon as Hive query uses MapRed

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net