Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2013/09/17 10:25:57 UTC

Suggestion: Mailing list warning needed?

On the Wiki page which gives links to the mailing lists, I think there ought be a prominent warning that certain lists are high traffic lists (many messages per day) and that people should consider seriously whether they can cope with this.

Perhaps the subscription process should require an extra confirmation step to prevent inadvertent or malicious subscription?

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On the Wiki page which gives links to the mailing lists, I think there
> ought be a prominent warning that certain lists are high traffic lists
> (many messages per day) and that people should consider seriously whether
> they can cope with this.
>
> Perhaps the subscription process should require an extra confirmation step
> to prevent inadvertent or malicious subscription?
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

only the "dev" list has information concerning amount of traffic --

"This is a high traffic list, with an average of 88 posts/day."

Do other lists need info also? Does the info for the "dev" list need more
emphasis or need to be changed?

MzK

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged
 to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't."
                             -- "Following the Equator", Mark Twain