Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Nate <ns...@ephibian.com> on 2002/03/22 02:58:03 UTC

Problem with finding classes from deployed descriptors

I followed the example I found at
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/02/27/tomcat.html?page=1 to the
letter, but am having a slight problem.  When I install the deployed class
as <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/onjava/CalcService.class I
get this error from the client:

  $ java onjava.CalcClient 12 1
  The call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
  Fault String = Unable to resolve target object: onjava.CalcService

However, when I move the class to
<TOMCAT_HOME>/common/classes/onjava/CalcService.class it works fine.  So
it's like the rpcrouter servlet can't find the class because the CLASSPATH
isn't set up properly or something similar.  However, I can run other
servlets in the soap context that reference classes in the WEB-INF/classes
directory, and the classes are found just fine.  So it looks like the
CLASSPATH is set properly, and only SOAP is exhibiting this odd behavior.

I'd rather keep all my soap service classes in the soap/WEB-INF/classes
directory, and not in the global common/classes directory, so is there a
way to fix this?  Or am I missing something?

I'm using:
Tomcat 4.03
SOAP   2.2
J2SDK  1.4.0