Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jakrishna1983 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 15:51:13 UTC

org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupNotFoundException: Markup of type 'html' for component 'AboutUs' not found

Hi,
I am extending a class SomeDetailPage which extends SomePage which in turn
extends WebPage. Now this SomeDetailPage is working fine and has no issues.
But I have created a new class and extended some of its features and when I
am trying to deploy it I am getting the error
org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupNotFoundException: Markup of type 'html' for
component 'AboutUs' not found. Enable debug messages for
org.apache.wicket.util.resource to get a list of all filenames tried: [Page
class = AboutUs, id = 11, version = 0]. I have checked if the html is not
copied into the folder which has AboutUs.class, but it's there, checked if
naming was different, no use. I couldn't find why I am not able to run it
and couldn't even find out the reason why so that I could atleast try a
workaround.

Re: org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupNotFoundException: Markup of type 'html' for component 'AboutUs' not found

Posted by jakrishna1983 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for responding. I have found the answer for my question. When
extending the WebPage I also simultaneously use <wicket:extend> to the
extend the WebPage functionality. However when we extend deep into the
WebPage, we have to used <wicket:child/> in the <wicket:extend> tag to let
the page that extends WebPage know that this is a child of the page
extended. Hence I suggest using <wicket:child/> to resolve the issue.

Re: org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupNotFoundException: Markup of type 'html' for component 'AboutUs' not found

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi,

attach java code and HTML of this new class so we can take a look.