Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Werner Detter <wd...@ilum.org> on 2004/12/08 12:11:53 UTC

spamassassin and spamd/spamc

hi all,

i'm a little confused with spamassassin/spamd/spamc and i hope somebody
can make this clear to me. i have the problem that functions of
spamd/spamc aren't supported by spamassassin.

for example: i use the bayes with mysql that works fine with spamd/spamc and
spamassassin.

if i want to force spamassassin to lookup user_scores in a mysql database
it only works with spamd/spamc, not with spamassassin.

is this a known issue or just a bug?
my userpref table looks like follows

CREATE TABLE `userpref` (
  `username` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `preference` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  `value` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `prefid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`prefid`),
  KEY `username` (`username`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=4 ;

setup for spamassassin in local.cf
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf
user_scores_dsn DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost:3306
user_scores_sql_username spamassassin
user_scores_sql_password password
user_scores_sql_table userpref

any hints appreciated :)

regards,
werner

Re: spamassassin and spamd/spamc

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:11:53PM +0100, Werner Detter wrote:

> if i want to force spamassassin to lookup user_scores in a mysql database
> it only works with spamd/spamc, not with spamassassin.
>
> is this a known issue or just a bug?
> my userpref table looks like follows

That is how it works, period.

You can read all about them here: