Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2006/09/01 06:36:33 UTC

RE: Request for Information

Hi,

>   Well I did try printing the value for $cookie  and gives me
> the foll value:
>
> EMBPERL_UID=df9c7b02f04343807ef7ab570ab43dc6;
> SESSION_ID=97f3d8207d2e8d9afd7493ca28c3908a;
> BIGipServerwebster2=593498284.20480.0000
>
> Also, while trying to retrieve the session, I tried supplying
> the following values for $cookie:
> 1) EMBPERL_UID=df9c7b02f04343807ef7ab570ab43dc6;
> SESSION_ID=97f3d8207d2e8d9afd7493ca28c3908a;
> BIGipServerwebster2=593498284.20480.0000
>
> 2) EMBPERL_UID=df9c7b02f04343807ef7ab570ab43dc6;
> 97f3d8207d2e8d9afd7493ca28c3908a;
> BIGipServerwebster2=593498284.20480.0000
>
> 3) 97f3d8207d2e8d9afd7493ca28c3908a
>
> But, each time, I get the same error , i.e.
> Died at
> /usr/local/ext/perl/5.8.0/lib/site_perl/Apache/Session/Generat
> e/MD5.pm line 40.

As Perrin already wrote only the last one is a valid session id you can pass
to tie.

Anyway Embperl already handles session retrival for you and you only need to
access the values in %udat to get your session data.

If you really want to do it one your own you need to change the regex to
extract the session id:

      $cookie =~ /SESSION_ID=([a-z0-9]+)/;
	$cookie = $1 ;

Otherwise you have other cookie data in your session id which doesn't work.

Gerald

> Let me know what do you think. Is it an issue with cookie or
> with retrieving sessions ?  Also, what value needs to be
> supplied for $cookie while trying to retrieve a session.
> tie %session, 'Apache::Session::File', $cookie,
>
> {  Directory => './tmp/sessions' ,
>    LockDirectory => './var/lock/sessions' , };
>

> Your help is really appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Dhaval Gada.
>
> On 8/30/06, Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> wrote:
>
> 	[ Please keep replies on the mailing list ]
>
> 	On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 09:29 -0400, dhaval gada wrote:
>
> 	> If its the 1st time... then the following code. (i.e. session
> 	> creation)
> 	>
> 	> [-
> 	> eval   {
> 	>           tie %session, 'Apache::Session::File', undef,
> 	>             { Directory => './tmp/sessions',
> 	>               LockDirectory   => './var/lock/sessions',
> 	>             };
> 	>         };
> 	> if ($@)  {
> 	>             die "Global data is not accessible: $@";
> 	>            }
> 	>
> 	>        $session{"manpage"} = new BFM::ManPage();
> 	>        $session{"visit"} = '1 all';
> 	>        $tp = yes;
> 	>
> 	>        my $session_cookie =
> "SESSION_ID=$session{_session_id};";
> 	>        $r->header_out("Set-Cookie" => $session_cookie);
> 	> -]
>
> 	Okay, and you said that seemed to work.  I'd be nervous
> about your use
> 	of relative directories in those path names, personally.
>
> 	> And if not the 1st time... then the following
> code.(i.e. retrieving
> 	> established session)
> 	> [-
> 	>       $r = Apache ->request;
> 	>       $cookie = $ r->header_in('Cookie');
> 	>       $ cookie =~ s/SESSION_ID=(\w*)/$1/;
> 	>
> 	>       eval {   tie %session ,
> 'Apache::Session::File', $cookie,
> 	>                  {  Directory => './tmp/sessions',
> 	>                      LockDirectory => './var/lock/sessions',
> 	>                  };
> 	>              };
> 	>
> 	>        if ($@)
> 	>        {     die "Global data is not accessible: $@";  }
> 	> -]
>
> 	And that's where it dies on you?  Have you checked the
> value of $cookie
> 	inside that eval?  Maybe it isn't what you think it is.
>
> 	- Perrin

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: Request for Information

Posted by to...@tuxteam.de.

Re: Request for Information

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 16:35 -0400, dhaval gada wrote:

>   I am not using any references to subroutines in the session data.

Maybe you're trying to store a DBI handle.

> And if some objects are implemented in Perl as references to
> subroutines, and
> some data structures include also subroutine references,
> then does it imply that no session management is possible with objects
> in embperl ???????????????

No!!!!!!!!!!!!

It means that you can't store references to subs or XS code.  Most
objects don't do that.

It's actually a pretty bad idea to put objects into a session.  You
should keep sessions as small as possible.  A good approach is to only
database keys, rather than the actual data.

- Perrin

Re: Request for Information

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Re: Request for Information

Posted by dhaval gada <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
  I am not using any references to subroutines in the session data.

And if some objects are implemented in Perl as references to subroutines,
and
some data structures include also subroutine references,
then does it imply that no session management is possible with objects in
embperl ???????????????

Best Regards,
-Dhaval.

Re: Request for Information

Posted by dhaval gada <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Request for Information

Posted by Gunnar Wolf <gw...@gwolf.org>.
dhaval gada dijo [Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 09:14:37AM -0400]:
> Hi,
> I did try using %udat initially, but it throws the foll error:
>
> Can't store CODE items at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
> blib/lib/auto/Storable/_freeze.al) line 282, at
> /usr/local/ext/perl/5.8.0/lib/site_perl/Apache/Session/Serialize/Storable.pm
> line 21

Hi,

RE: Request for Information

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,
> I did try using %udat initially, but it throws the foll error:
>
> Can't store CODE items at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit
> into blib/lib/auto/Storable/_freeze.al) line 282, at
> /usr/local/ext/perl/5.8.0/lib/site_perl/Apache/Session/Seriali
> ze/Storable.pm line 21

That happens when you try to put a reference to a subroutine in the session
data (or an object that has a code ref into it). This will not work, neither
with Embperl nor with Apache::Session.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

RE: Request for Information

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Re: Request for Information