Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bob Vance <bo...@sbm-inc.com> on 1996/07/23 08:41:47 UTC

proxy and ftp

I just downloaded and ported with no problems the 1.1.1 version of the
Apache Server.  But, I am having no luck with the FTP component of the Proxy
Server module (the http proxy stuff is working great):

1) The mailing address compiled in for anonymous access, "proxy_user@host"
did not work with any sites that I tried.  I got a FORBIDDEN error.  I
changed it to be "proxy_user@host.com", and it worked.

but
2) Now, the directory lists stuff fails.  When a ftp link ends in a "/", eg,
        "ftp://www.apache.org/apache/dist/" ,
the code at around line 2530 ( /* set request */ ) end up sending a 'RETR'
with a null path argument and receives a "500" return code.  I tried
monkeying around with the code to check for an ending "/" and then sending a
"NLST .", but it doesn't quite do the the trick.  Unfortunately, I don't
know enough about the FTP protocol to go much further.
Am I missing something in the setup, or is this a real bug??

Tks          |  bobv@sbm-inc.com
BV           |  bobvance@alumni.caltech.edu

----- End of forwarded message from Bob Vance -----

--