Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Mikko Pukki <Mi...@syncrontech.com> on 2008/11/13 15:05:46 UTC

Problem closing a ModalWindow... (JIRA: Wicket-1120) not in 1.3.5??

Why this isn't in Wicket 1.3.5 as it was supposed to?

Problem with frames and ModalWindow combination is a showstopper for us. To make our situation
even more difficult, our application is going to production in only two weeks. This was kind of unexpected,
because we have never before encountered web site or application that does not work with frames.
So adding them to application was not regarded as something that could cause any errors in the project.
Any idea when this fix will really be in release version?

Regards,
  Mikko Pukki

Re: Problem closing a ModalWindow... (JIRA: Wicket-1120) not in 1.3.5??

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Mikko Pukki
<Mi...@syncrontech.com> wrote:
> Why this isn't in Wicket 1.3.5 as it was supposed to?

it is fixed. the issue is marked as resolved. the associated commits
can be viewed under the svn commits tab.

> Problem with frames and ModalWindow combination is a showstopper for us. To make our situation
> even more difficult, our application is going to production in only two weeks. This was kind of unexpected,
> because we have never before encountered web site or application that does not work with frames.

the issue was marked resolved september 18th. one might wonder why you
would wait until the two week mark to test the fix that has been
available for three months.

> So adding them to application was not regarded as something that could cause any errors in the project.

you mean you wrote the code and did not test it at all two weeks until
you go into production?

> Any idea when this fix will really be in release version?

as far as we and the people who have reported the problem are
concerned the issue has been fixed. we did not hear from the people
who reported it that it does not work for them for three months - so i
assume the fix did it. it might be that whatever is broken for you is
different then WICKET-1120.

-igor