Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/08/22 18:25:18 UTC

are there any public discussions about the direction of Ambari?

I see a lot of work going on.  I was surprised to see the 'roles' bit was removed (is that being replaced with something else to handle access control?).  It seems like a lot of the devs are on the same page about the direction of the project, yet I see no evidence of any public discussion about it.  There's nothing on the mailing lists, the IRC channel is always quiet.  Is all of this just decided at internal meetings at Hortonworks or is there some other place I could be checking?  Any chance of opening up the process so us outsiders can see what's coming before it just lands on us?

Greg

Re: are there any public discussions about the direction of Ambari?

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
The new permissions stuff does sound better, and thanks for the
clarification.  I look forward to seeing a more open process.  We have a
team here at Rackspace that will likely start being involved more over the
next few months, and it would be nice to be part of the process.

Greg

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Greg,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: are there any public discussions about the direction of Ambari?