Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Lopez, Ricardo" <ri...@cps.k12.il.us> on 2001/01/09 21:57:43 UTC

SSI

Can a jsp also incorporate server side includes.

I have Jsp pages that must incorporate common headers and footers as the
static pages.
The static pages do this via SSI.  The JSP simply seems to ignore the SSI
directives.

How can I get around this?

Ricardo J Lopez
Technology Coordinator
Office of Education-to-Careers
Chicago Public Schools
125 South Clark Street, 12th floor
Chicago, Illinois 60603
(773) 553-2482
Fax: (773) 553-2971
E-mail: rilopez@csc.cps.k12.il.us

Re: SSI

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Lopez, Ricardo" wrote:

> Can a jsp also incorporate server side includes.
>
> I have Jsp pages that must incorporate common headers and footers as the
> static pages.
> The static pages do this via SSI.  The JSP simply seems to ignore the SSI
> directives.

Tomcat does not currently have any support for SSI.

> How can I get around this?

Change to <jsp:include page="/context-relative-path-to-the-page" flush="true"/>

instead.

> Ricardo J Lopez

Craig McClanahan