Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/08 12:41:51 UTC

[m2] Disable generation of xml test reports

Hi,

Is there a way to disable generation of xml test reports?  I'm running
a huge number of tests and don't need the xml output.  Just need plain
text reports.  The xml file generation adds up to a huge amount of
time.

Adding <reportFormat>plain</reportFormat> doesn't disable xml generation :(

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: [m2] Disable generation of xml test reports

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/06, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was discussed a few months ago on this list. And at the time, no
> one came up with a way to suppress ONLY the xml output.
>
> So my response now will be the same as then: Submit a JIRA enhancement
> request so a Maven dev can add this feature, or hack the plugin code
> to add such an option and contribute it back.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-106
Will try and contribute a fix.  We had done an ugly hack for maven
1.1.  Just checked the plugin code and its now java instead of jelly.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
This was discussed a few months ago on this list. And at the time, no
one came up with a way to suppress ONLY the xml output.

So my response now will be the same as then: Submit a JIRA enhancement
request so a Maven dev can add this feature, or hack the plugin code
to add such an option and contribute it back.

You can find the thread using this info:
Date: Mar 16, 2006 9:18 AM
Subject: avoid generation of TEST*.xml files

Wayne

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.