Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sumeet Keswani <Su...@symantec.com> on 2006/05/31 05:45:45 UTC

How can I create/configure a jsp servlet without a .jsp extension

This is a very simple question and i hope someone can give me a answer.

I have a file called search.jsp that does some trivial search through a
database.

I want it to be accessible as follows
http://www.domain.com/search?LookForThis

Currently I have it working like
http://www.domain.com/search.jsp?LookForThis

However getting rid of the .jsp extension is critical.

Is there a specific configuration that will make it work

Note: the closest i got was create a new dir called search and renaming
search.jsp to index.jsp. unfortunately this does not really work for me,
use of the slash breaks the client accessing this URL
http://www.domain.com/search/?LookForThis

thanks

Re: How can I create/configure a jsp servlet without a .jsp extension

Posted by Tamilselvan R <ta...@gmail.com>.
welcome... keep in touch...
(if possible give me small intro about you to my personal id
tamilselvan.guru@gmail.com)

Posted by Sumeet Keswani <Su...@symantec.com>.
Perfect.
This worked.