Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "P.M" <pm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/13 15:42:57 UTC

manager application

Hi,

I open the localhost:8080 without any trouble now, but
i hace an error message 403 everyting that i try to
access to manager or admin applications.

i tested all username and password which are in
tomcat-users.xml, but nothing work..

i know from windows install exe file, that another
profile existed : admin with empty password...but even
if this one doesn't work.

does anyone have seen it already ?
thx,
Maileen

Re: manager application

Posted by Jens Joachim <je...@syscon-world.de>.
Hi,

after installing tomcat there is no user configured to access these apps. To
do this, add the following to your tomcat-users.xml:

  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="user" password="pw" roles="admin,manager"/>

btw: when using tomcat 5.5.x you have to download the admin app separately,
since it is no longer delivered with tomcat.

Jens Joachim
Syscon GmbH
E-Mail: Jens.Joachim@syscon-world.de