Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2022/07/07 22:08:53 UTC

Re: Spellcheck puts wavy red underline for each word

loefflerwm wrote:
> After a couple of years of use in Windows 10, the spellcheck does not work in this app. Dell Computer Technicians tried to connect OpenOffice with Grammarly but could not. They advised I contact you. I want to keep this word program but my eyesight is getting worse and many keypad errors are caught by spellcheck - at least when it worked. Now every word has a red wavy line underneath.
> William Loeffler

This is usually caused by corruption in the User profile.See the "Hpw
Too" at the following link on how to reset the profile to correct
this:https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Handling_the_OpenOffice.org_User_Profile#Resetting_the_User_Profile.

There are a number of grammer checkers as extensions to AOO. The one I
use with the AOO Documentation team is LanguageTool. It along with
others can be found at the following link:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=grammar+checker&sort_by=field_project_stats_year&sort_order=DESC

Regards
Keith

Re: Spellcheck puts wavy red underline for each word

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 13:11 08/07/2022 +0000, Hugo Costa wrote:
>You answer yourself this question> Have I updated my open office
>?because each time you upgrade to a newer version, it gets messed
>out.The spell check and other settings became crazy.

This suggestion - that upgrading OpenOffice routinely trashes user
profiles - is simply not the experience of millions of other users.
If it were, there would be countless complaints every time a new
version was released. You may want to investigate what is wrong with
your system or what you are doing wrong to cause this unusual problem.

Brian Barker

Re: Spellcheck puts wavy red underline for each word

Posted by Hugo Costa <hu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hello.. You answer yourself this question> Have I updated my open office ?because each time you upgrade to a newer version, it gets messed out.The spell check and other settings became crazy.If this is the case, you must follow the advice ,  if you know how.