Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by js...@es.wanadoo.com on 2001/05/30 18:30:04 UTC

A new servlet without re-start Tomcat...

...is it possible?

I know there is an option in server.xml file named
'reloadable = true' that performs something similar,
but i'd like to know if there is another way to do this
without overloading Tomcat too much.

Thanks in advance:
Jaume Soriano Sivera <js...@es.wanadoo.com>
Tel: 965040000 -ext. 44744 Fax: 965040047
Portal y servicios multimedia - Nuevas tecnologias
W a n a d o o E s p a n a - http://www.wanadoo.es

Re: A new servlet without re-start Tomcat...

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 30 May 2001 jsoriano@es.wanadoo.com wrote:

> ...is it possible?
>
> I know there is an option in server.xml file named
> 'reloadable = true' that performs something similar,
> but i'd like to know if there is another way to do this
> without overloading Tomcat too much.

If you are using the invoker servlet (/servlet/*) to call your servlets,
you can add new classes and essentially add them dynamically.  However, if
you need to change anything in web.xml, you'll have to cause the entire
web app to be reloaded (either by setting reloadable="true" and changing a
relevant class, or by using the admin webapp under Tomcat 3.x or the
manager webapp under Tomcat 4.x).

> Thanks in advance:
> Jaume Soriano Sivera <js...@es.wanadoo.com>
> Tel: 965040000 -ext. 44744 Fax: 965040047
> Portal y servicios multimedia - Nuevas tecnologias
> W a n a d o o E s p a n a - http://www.wanadoo.es

Craig McClanahan