Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/29 00:09:32 UTC

Question about MEOMORY_AND_DISK persistence

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Persistence (MEMORY_AND_DISK)

Suppose I am trying to persist an RDD which has 2 partitions and only 1
partition can be fit in memory completely but some part of partition 2 can
also be fit, will spark keep the portion of partition 2 in memory and rest
in disk, or will the whole 2nd partition be kept in disk.

Regards,
Vishnu

Re: Question about MEOMORY_AND_DISK persistence

Posted by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ashwin.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vishnu Viswanath,

Re: Question about MEOMORY_AND_DISK persistence

Posted by Ashwin Giridharan <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vishnu,