Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by khalid aldrouby <KA...@email.itt-tech.edu> on 2013/04/01 21:04:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Noob question

Hello everyone,
I tried to find an answer in the documentation section on the Apache site before i post this over here and i couldn't find a accurate answer.

I am trying to figure out if there's difference between the two methods below to install and configure Apache. First method is the yum install listed under method#1 - the second method is what's listed under Apache documentation.

Method #1
yum install -y httpd

Method #2
Download<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html#download>        $ lynx http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Extract<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html#extract>  $ gzip -d httpd-NN.tar.gz
$ tar xvf httpd-NN.tar
$ cd httpd-NN
Configure<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html#configure>      $ ./configure --prefix=PREFIX
Compile<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html#compile>  $ make
Install<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html#install>  $ make install
Customize<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/install.html#customize>      $ vi PREFIX/conf/httpd.conf
Is my first method incorrect or missing something ? or both methods should complete the configuration.

Re: [users@httpd] Noob question

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM, khalid aldrouby <
KAldrouby@email.itt-tech.edu> wrote:

>  Hello everyone,
> I tried to find an answer in the documentation section on the Apache site
> before i post this over here and i couldn't find a accurate answer.

Nothing Apache HTTP Server specific.  You can either use packaged software
or build it from source yourself.

Re: [users@httpd] Noob question

Posted by Júnior <ju...@gmail.com>.
hi man,