Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/01 17:26:00 UTC

[RELEASE]: ongoing translation update/merge ... chek mnemonics

Hi,

just a quick update, I am merging translations back into svn and have
already merged

Spanish, Finnish, English (en-GB), Sloval, Czech, Scottish Gaelic,
Simplified Chinese, Italian, Slovenian

Tamil and Greek are merged as well. For Tamil I am not sure if there
will be a further update regarding the mnemonics. Greek needs some
review of the gsicheck warnings/errors.

On my list are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, Hungarian, Portuguese,
German, Galician, Portuguese Brazil, Russian.

To help me it would nice if you can tell me if there is a further
check/update coming regarding the mnemonics or if Pootle is up-to-date
and ready for the merge.

Well some of these languages were already merged back and I need only a
clarification regarding the mnemonics.

Other languages like Asturian that will be potentially completed until
tomorrow will be taken into account for the release as well.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: ongoing translation update/merge ... chek mnemonics

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/1/13 5:41 PM, Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> Em 01/07/2013 16:26, Jürgen Schmidt escreveu:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just a quick update, I am merging translations back into svn and have
>> already merged
>>
>> Spanish, Finnish, English (en-GB), Sloval, Czech, Scottish Gaelic,
>> Simplified Chinese, Italian, Slovenian
>>
>> Tamil and Greek are merged as well. For Tamil I am not sure if there
>> will be a further update regarding the mnemonics. Greek needs some
>> review of the gsicheck warnings/errors.
>>
>> On my list are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, Hungarian, Portuguese,
>> German, Galician, Portuguese Brazil, Russian.
>>
>> To help me it would nice if you can tell me if there is a further
>> check/update coming regarding the mnemonics or if Pootle is up-to-date
>> and ready for the merge.
>>
>> Well some of these languages were already merged back and I need only a
>> clarification regarding the mnemonics.
>>
>> Other languages like Asturian that will be potentially completed until
>> tomorrow will be taken into account for the release as well.
>>
>> Juergen

> Hi Juergen,
> For the Portuguese - PT translation, mnemonics have been reviewed and
> corrected and Pootle has some updates and changes made. It would
> probably be best if it's merged again.
> Pedro.

perfect, will be merged ...

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/1/13 6:22 PM, janI wrote:
> On 1 July 2013 17:56, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> did you merge all languages or just the ones above ? I have made
>>> significant updaes to danish and would like to be able to build with
>> that.
>>
>> I merged only the langs above. But created a sdf for you and you can
>> find it under http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/new_da.sdf
>>
>> No gsicheck ran on it yet.
>>

> Thx I will grab it, but I assume that before release you make sure pootle
> and sdf are synchronized for all languages, so that we potentially can
> clear pootle. That way we have a marker in svn for all languages, otherwise
> we will never know what was translated for 4.0 or later.

no, that is not my plan because it is always more work and generated sdf
files often contains errors that break the build. I integrate only
languages that we plan to release.

Important is the languages that we release. And for 3.4.1 we did an
additional lang only release later and for this release we prepared new
updated source release containing the new sdf files as well.

And svn allows us to exactly checkout the version we have released.
Means we always know what we have released.

> I think it is quite important to remember that the pootle server is
> secondary storage, and the only long life storage is svn. Once 4.0 is
> released I would like to clean the db, optimize it for 4.1 and just keep
> 4.1 since it will allow a better cache usage.

cleanup in the way that we don#t loose anything is fine but I would like
to keep the 4.0 related projects for the case we will do a further
languages release. We can create a new 4.1 project and can delete the
the old 3.4.x project when we have maade a backup of all the sdf files.
There are languages that are not yet available in the 4.0 projects.

But I agree that we should bring the svn tree in a shape where we have
at least sdf files for all languages that match the latest sources. But
this is a lot of work to bring them all in good shape.

But that is of course something for after the release and volunteers are
welcome to help.

Juergen

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl>.
Op 1-7-2013 17:26, Jürgen Schmidt schreef:
> Hi,
>
> just a quick update, I am merging translations back into svn and have
> already merged
>
> Spanish, Finnish, English (en-GB), Sloval, Czech, Scottish Gaelic,
> Simplified Chinese, Italian, Slovenian
>
> Tamil and Greek are merged as well. For Tamil I am not sure if there
> will be a further update regarding the mnemonics. Greek needs some
> review of the gsicheck warnings/errors.
>
> On my list are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, Hungarian, Portuguese,
> German, Galician, Portuguese Brazil, Russian.
>
> To help me it would nice if you can tell me if there is a further
> check/update coming regarding the mnemonics or if Pootle is up-to-date
> and ready for the merge.
>
> Well some of these languages were already merged back and I need only a
> clarification regarding the mnemonics.
>
> Other languages like Asturian that will be potentially completed until
> tomorrow will be taken into account for the release as well.
>
> Juergen

Hi Juergen,

For the Dutch translation, mnemonics have been reviewed and corrected.
POOTLE is up to date

--
DiGro

Re: [RELEASE]: ongoing translation update/merge ... chek mnemonics

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.