Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jake C <bu...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/20 01:07:19 UTC

Java Service Wrapper and Geronimo

When I use the script from the WIKI at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/configuring-geronimo-as-a-windows-service.html
I get a ClassNotFoundException on
org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.RARConfiguration when I try to add
a DB2 Database Pool. This class is in the repository under
geronimo/jars/geronimo-connector-builder-1.0.jar. Shouldn't this be loaded
dynamically, or do I really need to add every jar in the repository into the
JSW classpath?

I changed the script to include wrapper.working.dir set to the Geronimo main
directory, but that didn't make a difference.

Re: Java Service Wrapper and Geronimo

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,
            This seems to be an issue related to the console (Geronimo
Database Pool Wizard). If you directly write a plan and then use it to
deploy the pool using the tranql rars it deploys the pool w/o any
exceptions.
 Also try if you can deploy a database pool using the Geronimo
Database Pool Wizard after starting the server normally w/o the
wrapper.

I think you can open a JIRA for this with stack traces and exact error
messages and geronimo version nos.

Regards
Manu