Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by San Martino <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/11 00:47:12 UTC

Feature request (if not already planned)

Hello,

first of all, thanks for the good job.

We would like to convert our BIG repository to subversion.
Actually the repository is organized in a way that a single directory
might contain thousands of files and many Gb of data.
Having to check-out one directory for just picking one file is not a
scalable solution for our production environment.
We would like to be able to checkout single files with the chance to
also checkout the directories included in the path to the single file.
For example, a check-out of /path/to/my/file.txt would also create
/path, /to and /my.
I know it's possible to obtain the same result with "checkout --depth
empty" options as many times as dirs and a final "update" of the
single file.
But it's boring to do this in every possible case.

thanks.

Re: Feature request (if not already planned)

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
It was suggested on users@ a day ago and the thread concluded with
filing the request in the tracker, plus a pointer by stsp to a tool
that helps do that today.