Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Cheyenne Forbes <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/16 05:27:56 UTC

How to get HRegion when running code on a region server

I want to run some code on only one region server (out of 4) of my cluster,
this code will do some additional automated things, the examples I've seen
showing how to get HRegion MyVarName seem to require connecting to the
master server (I am not sure if I am correct). Now to my question, how can
I get HRegion MyVarName when the code is being run on the Region Server I
want without connecting to the master server.

Regards,

Cheyenne O. Forbes

Re: How to get HRegion when running code on a region server

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. require connecting to the master server

I don't think the above is accurate. Where did you see the example that
gave you this impression ?

Can you be a bit more specific: is your code to be run on region server
embedded in coprocessor ?

Thanks