Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Dufresne <du...@fastmail.fm> on 2007/06/27 21:45:42 UTC

a2ensite rewritten to allow globbing/multiple site enabling (new feature patch)

Hi, I am an Ubuntu Linux bug triager, and someone proposed a patch for
a2ensite in a bug for Ubuntu.
I intend to reject the bug because this is not a bug, but a new feature
patch.
I have no knowledge at all to evaluate this patch, and would like
someone to review it, and take responsability
for making real suggested contribution to apache-http (ver 2.2).

The bug URL is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/84142

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

Re: a2ensite rewritten to allow globbing/multiple site enabling (new feature patch)

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 06/27/2007 09:45 PM, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> Hi, I am an Ubuntu Linux bug triager, and someone proposed a patch for
> a2ensite in a bug for Ubuntu.
> I intend to reject the bug because this is not a bug, but a new feature
> patch.
> I have no knowledge at all to evaluate this patch, and would like
> someone to review it, and take responsability
> for making real suggested contribution to apache-http (ver 2.2).
>
> The bug URL is:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/84142

a2ensite is not part of httpd. It seems to be a 3rd party script that looks
like to be Linux specific. Thus it is unlikely that we add it to httpd
in its current form. Furthermore the original author of the script should
post its proposal here to get all IP things right.

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: a2ensite rewritten to allow globbing/multiple site enabling (new feature patch)

Posted by Paul Dufresne <du...@fastmail.fm>.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:00:12 +0100, "Nick Kew" <ni...@webthing.com> said:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:45:42 -0400
> "Paul Dufresne" <du...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am an Ubuntu Linux bug triager, and someone proposed a patch for
> > a2ensite in a bug for Ubuntu.
> a2* are not from apache, but rather debianisms.  I suggest you ask
> there.
Oops, sorry!

> You might also want to read why apache on debian/ubuntu presents
> problems, at:
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2006/11/04/apache_packages_support_vacuum/
Message received, I'll do my best to spread it inside Ubuntu community.

Re: a2ensite rewritten to allow globbing/multiple site enabling (new feature patch)

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/