Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Thorwesten, Klaus" <kl...@b-next.de> on 2002/12/19 10:46:29 UTC

Problems with IE5.5/IE6.0 and MultiPart Requests

Hi,

we have a webapplication based on struts 1.0.1 running on a Tomcat 3.3.1 and
Apache 1.3.26. This application contains the possibility to upload files to
the server.
We use the struts-upload functionality for this.

When using the upload with IE 5.5 or IE 6.0 the browser sends a duplicated
request which
means that the first part of the request is sent twice while the second part
of the
request, which contains the file information, is only sent once.

>From time to time we get a ServletException
"MultipartIterator: invalid multipart request data, doesn't start with
boundary"
It seems to be that when this exception occures the MultipartIterator
doesn't read from
file-section of the request, but it reads from one of the duplicated
request-parts as
the first line starts with "POST bla.do ... "

Another phenomenom is that sometimes the sessions seems to be lost. This
also occures
when uploading files with IE 5.5 or IE 6.0.

Has anyone a hint or faced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,
Klaus

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Problems with IE5.5/IE6.0 and MultiPart Requests

Posted by Mark <ma...@libero.it>.
I'm not sure.. So din't sue me if I'm wrong, but I was looking through the
cvs logs for struts the other day.. And I recall there was such a bug ..

If I was in your shoes I'd get my hands on the commons-fileupload.jar. Its
what is used for 1.1, this was you don't have to risk any bleeding edges
issues..

Hope this helps and I'd be interested whether is works