Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Russell Trupiano <t-...@microsoft.com> on 2014/05/14 00:49:12 UTC

Lucene Porting Tool

Hello all,

My name is Russell, and I’m new to this community, but I am looking to get involved in the porting of lucene.net. I’m curious as to which tools you are all using in the porting process.

Thanks!

Re: Lucene Porting Tool

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Everyone uses whatever helps them.. I hope to have some nice R# plugin to
show late next week

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

Re: Lucene Porting Tool

Posted by Russell Trupiano <t-...@microsoft.com>.
I’m having quite a hard time getting Sharpen installed. What version of Eclipse are you using? What about the Java JDK? I’m running Windows 8.1, JDK 1.8.0_05, and Eclipse 3.7.1

How closely did you follow the procedure on the site you provided? I have tried that method as well as the instructions on XobotOS’s Github README, and a tutorial found at http://pauldb.tumblr.com/post/14916717048/a-guide-to-sharpen-a-great-tool-for-converting-java as well as 2 different versions of Eclipse. The most common error I encounter seems to be the running of the build ANT script which crashes due to an <exec> failure in the definition of the sharpen macro. Upon viewing the crash log file The line “java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "sharpen.core.application" could not be found in the registry" seems to be what is causing the problem.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
---
Russell Trupiano
Services PAD-DEV Intern 2014
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Class of 2015