Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christopher Lee <cl...@herzumsoftware.com> on 2005/07/08 17:23:37 UTC

help with maven wagon?

Hello All,

If I understand correctly, Maven Wagon provides the ability for maven to
= push/fetch artifacts via different protocols. I'm specifically =
interested in using Wagon for allowing Maven to connect to repositories
= that are not simply unsecured HTTP repositories. The feature list for
= Maven 1.1b1 says it has integration with Wagon, although I have not
been = able to find any documentation of how to use it. If anyone would
be = willing to point me in the right direction, or give me a few =
instructions on how to use it, I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: help with maven wagon?

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.net>.
Christopher Lee wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>If I understand correctly, Maven Wagon provides the ability for maven to
>= push/fetch artifacts via different protocols. I'm specifically =
>interested in using Wagon for allowing Maven to connect to repositories
>= that are not simply unsecured HTTP repositories. The feature list for
>= Maven 1.1b1 says it has integration with Wagon, although I have not
>been = able to find any documentation of how to use it. If anyone would
>be = willing to point me in the right direction, or give me a few =
>instructions on how to use it, I would love to give it a shot.

There is no documentation that I can find, but I did discover the
maven-artifact-ant source code for the DependenciesTask.  It provided
a raft of useful sample code for using wagon and maven-artifact.

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-artifact-ant/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/ant/DependenciesTask.java?rev=192970&view=markup

What I've been able to glean:
1) wagon is just a protocol handler.
2) maven-artifact provides the repo layout handling, and transitive
dependency handling on top of wagon.

/* Joakim Erdfelt */