Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Randolph Kahle <ra...@variantia.net> on 2004/10/18 21:32:15 UTC

A page is failing to load because it lacks a component it does not use

I am confused.

I have a "Home" page that does not use the component
"SessionHitCounter", however, I get the following message:

<<<<<

Component net.HomePage$Enhance_0@9ea4a4[Home] does not contain a
component $SessionHitCounter.

component:
net.HomePage$Enhance_0@9ea4a4[Home]

There is a component name SessionHitCounter with the file
SessionHitCounter.jwc located at /WEB-INF, but the HomePage.html does
not reference it.

I have rebooted my server, the IDE, etc. I cannot figure where the
reference is.

Any tips would be appreicated.

Randy

Question

Posted by Diego de Oliveira <di...@medialabs.com.br>.

Re: A page is failing to load because it lacks a component it does not use

Posted by Randolph Kahle <ra...@variantia.net>.
Dominik,

Thank you! That would explain the behavior.

Sounds similar to what must be done to maintain state in a clustered
environment.

Regards,

Randy

Posted by Dominik Kreutz <dk...@startext.de>.

Posted by Randolph Kahle <ra...@variantia.net>.
I figured out how to get out of the problem, but I'm still not sure why
it is happening.

Here is the sequence of steps:

     * Created HomePage that uses SessionHitCounter

     * Removed use of SessionHitCounter

Re: Question

Posted by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Tapestry