Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/10/23 17:20:03 UTC

Updated Stats page

I've moved the download stats to its own page:
http://www.openoffice.org/stats/downloads.html

That allowed me to give a fuller description of what the stats are,
how they were gathered, etc.  I think we should aim for this level of
detail and transparency in any claims we make.

This move then allowed me to clean up the Stats home page a little,
and include links to other charts we have, as well as add a section
(with caveats) on 3rd party stats:   http://www.openoffice.org/stats/

If anyone has ideas for other relevant stats that might be interested,
I'd be interested in adding more.  I can help on the data wrangling
and charting side.    I'd love to have a regular chart on wiki and
forums traffic or edits or posts or whatever.  This doesn't need to be
totally automated.  For example, it could be something where someone
volunteers to run a monthly report and posts that new stat once a
month.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 to both the page you just made and the idea of a new column with regular
intervals.

Jan.

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 10/23/2012 12:14 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>> Am 10/23/2012 08:48 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

>>> OK.  I posted a snapshot of the downloads since AOO 3.4.0 was released
>>> back in May:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/countries.html
>>

>> Great.
>>
>> Is also possible to have a row with hte total sum on the top of the table?
>> Then we would have a (more or less) up-to-date number in a prominent place.
>>

> I could certainly add a total there, but this page will probably be
> updated less frequently than this one:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/downloads.html
>
> Of course, we could try to get into a regular update schedule where we
> update both pages  on the same schedule...
>
> -Rob

All good! and thanks for making a new stats main page!

http://www.openoffice.org/stats/

so, I will go ahead and add this to /download/index.html as promised,
AND, I do think some appropriate wording on

http://www.openoffice.org/why/

would be a good idea as well...

>>> One option would be to repeat this in 3 months or whatever, and add a
>>> new column and % difference for each country.
>>

>> Sounds good.
>>
>> Marcus

>> --
>>
>> Ciao
>>
>> Marcus

MzK

  dealt with a cat."
                                -- Robert Heinlein

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

--

Ciao

Marcus

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.
Louis

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
在 2012年10月25日星期四,Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> 写道:
> On 23/10/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> other charts we have, as well as add a section
>> (with caveats) on 3rd party stats:   http://www.openoffice.org/stats/
>
> This is very nice. Only
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/defects.html
> could use some more explanations: for example, seeing that there are more
fixed issues than reported ones in the first months is probably explained
by observing that many old issues, reported before 2011, were fixed in that
period.

Andrea,
 Thanks for your comments to the defects.HTML! I also planned to add more
explanations, as well as more charts...
 But unfortunately I have to go to hospital frequently next week. So I will
update the page after that. And will appreciate if any other volunteer can
help.

- Shenfeng (Simon)

Re: Updated Stats page

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.