Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/16 12:04:20 UTC

Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?

On 16.03.2004 07:57, Mark Lundquist wrote:
> I'm using a Cocoon 2.1.5 from a few days ago's CVS snapshot, but the
> same thing was happening to me in 2.1.4...
>
> I have some <fd:action> widgets.  I use getWidget() in the v2 forms/flow
> integration, and set the widget onClick property in flow to do my event
> handling.  The action widgets work.  But, for some reason form
> validation is getting triggered!
>
> Can anybody give me a clue what's goin' on here?  Where should I be
> looking?

What's so bad about the validation? You can switch it off by adding an
attribute validate="false".

Joerg

Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 16.03.2004 12:12, Vasyl Stashuk wrote:

> Validation may be required, while pressing some buttons, and should be
> disabled while pressing others, for example, if you have form with 'ok'
> and 'cancel' buttons.

Exactly the cancel button can be found at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyFlowscriptAPI.

Joerg

Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Mar 16, 2004, at 3:10 AM, Upayavira wrote:

> Huh? You put validate="true" on the <fd:action>s that you want to
> validate, and validate="false" on the ones you don't. What is
> complicated about that?

Hmm, I tried that, but it had no effect.
~ Mark

Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Vasyl Stashuk wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> On 16.03.2004 07:57, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using a Cocoon 2.1.5 from a few days ago's CVS snapshot, but the
>>> same thing was happening to me in 2.1.4...
>>>
>>> I have some <fd:action> widgets.  I use getWidget() in the v2
>>> forms/flow integration, and set the widget onClick property in flow
>>> to do my event handling.  The action widgets work.  But, for some
>>> reason form validation is getting triggered!
>>>
>>> Can anybody give me a clue what's goin' on here?  Where should I be
>>> looking?
>>

>> What's so bad about the validation? You can switch it off by adding
>> an attribute validate="false".
>>
>> Joerg

> Validation may be required, while pressing some buttons, and should be
> disabled while pressing others, for example, if you have form with
> 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons.

Huh? You put validate="true" on the <fd:action>s that you want to
validate, and validate="false" on the ones you don't. What is
complicated about that?

> I have the same problem with validation on fd:action as Mark described.

Upayavira

Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?

Posted by Vasyl Stashuk <va...@acm.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 16.03.2004 07:57, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>
>> I'm using a Cocoon 2.1.5 from a few days ago's CVS snapshot, but the
>> same thing was happening to me in 2.1.4...
>>
>> I have some <fd:action> widgets.  I use getWidget() in the v2
>> forms/flow integration, and set the widget onClick property in flow
>> to do my event handling.  The action widgets work.  But, for some
>> reason form validation is getting triggered!
>>
>> Can anybody give me a clue what's goin' on here?  Where should I be
>> looking?
>

> What's so bad about the validation? You can switch it off by adding an
> attribute validate="false".
>
> Joerg

Validation may be required, while pressing some buttons, and should be
disabled while pressing others, for example, if you have form with 'ok'
and 'cancel' buttons.

I have the same problem with validation on fd:action as Mark described.

vasyas.

Re: [forms] Validation on action widget!?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Mar 16, 2004, at 3:04 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 16.03.2004 07:57, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> I'm using a Cocoon 2.1.5 from a few days ago's CVS snapshot, but the
>> same thing was happening to me in 2.1.4...
>> I have some <fd:action> widgets.  I use getWidget() in the v2
>> forms/flow integration, and set the widget onClick property in flow
>> to do my event handling.  The action widgets work.  But, for some
>> reason form validation is getting triggered!
>> Can anybody give me a clue what's goin' on here?  Where should I be
>> looking?
>
> What's so bad about the validation? You can switch it off by adding an
> attribute validate="false".

Well, the problem is that these are action widgets, not submit widgets
— I need to redisplay the form, not end form processing.

I tried setting <fd:action validate="false"...> just to see if that
would do anything, but it didn't.

What would cause validation to be triggered on an action widget?

~ Mark