Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com> on 2015/04/09 13:40:07 UTC

Showing Splash Screen

Hello

We have requirement wherein on click of item we restart our AIR Application. As of now  when we click on item application closes and restarts.
It seems like sudden crash. Is there a way we can  show splash screen or any other suggestion.

Regards
Virat Patil

Re: Showing Splash Screen

Posted by "Seth." <po...@gmail.com>.
Dear Virat,

if you want to reset application. then do it on application level not at
the AIR level.

I mean, make a reset function and reset all the variables & object you made
in the app.as in which you are listening the creationComplete Event.

OR you can do one other thing, you can add a popup which ask user the
applicaton need restart would you like to restart the app?

-Seth

RE: Showing Splash Screen

Posted by "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com>.
Thank you guys for suggestion.
We have implemented a user confirmation screen which intimates user that application would restart.
And the application starts with splash screen.

Best Regards
Virat

I think you can use states. When you click a button, just change to state to your launch screen, may be, 'launchState'.

Re: Showing Splash Screen

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: Showing Splash Screen

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
This is pretty old, but might be easy to adapt:
http://inflagrantedelicto.memoryspiral.com/2008/07/creating-a-splash-screen-in-air/