Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Andrew Premdas <An...@man.ac.uk> on 2003/11/14 16:40:21 UTC

Initial application doesn't build on window XP - fix included

Problem:

Build file for default application for turbine doesn't work with windows xp.

Solutions: (no idea where to send these, tried Scarab it was useless :-(.
Can somoene submit
these or let me know where I should have put them)

1) Change bottom two lines of set-os target from

  <target name="set-windowsME" if="isWindows Me">
    <property name="is.Windows" value="true" />
  </target>

  <target name="set-windowsME" depends="set-windowsXP" if="isWindows Me">
    <property name="is.Windows" value="true" />
  </target>
  <target name="set-windowsXP" if="isWindows XP">
    <property name="is.Windows" value="true" />
  </target>

2) Better solution probably is to use Ants "os.family" feature

e.g. something like

  <target name="osfamily">
    <osfamily property="os.family" />
  </target>

  <target name="set-os">
    <switch ${os.family}>
	<case value="windows">
        <property name="is.Windows" value="true" />
	</case>
	<case value="unix">
        <property name="is.Unix" value="true" />
	</case>
	<default>
	  <echo message="OS not supported" />
	</defualt>
    </switch>
  </target>

I'm afraid I'm not an Ant expert and am very new to Turbine (few hours), but
can confirm that solution 1 works and wanted to contribute.
All best

Andrew

Andrew Premdas
Student Systems Developer
Manchester University

RE: Initial application doesn't build on window XP - fix included

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Andrew, not sure if you are just trying to get started, but take a look at
this app:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/fulcrum-osworkflow-example/index.h
tml
eric