Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com> on 2003/05/20 17:58:18 UTC

Intel compiler on Linux

This is how I got icc 7.0 for linux to work:

Download libtool 1.5 from
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html

Follow instructions here to get libtool to work with icc:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2003-04/msg00008.html

copy this new libtool.m4 to ./srclib/apr/build/libtool.m4

edit configure.in and change the lines:
 case $libtoolversion in
          *1.4*)

to 1.5

export CC=icc; export CXX=icpc

do a ./buildconf

now ./configure; make; make installl

--
Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com>
CNN Internet Technologies

Re: Intel compiler on Linux

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Tuesday, May 20, 2003 11:58:18 -0400 Brian Akins
<ba...@web.turner.com> wrote:

> copy this new libtool.m4 to ./srclib/apr/build/libtool.m4

Well, (g)libtoolize should do that if you modify its master copy of
libtool.m4.  (libtoolize is invoked by buildconf.)

> edit configure.in and change the lines:
>  case $libtoolversion in
>           *1.4*)
>
> to 1.5

Fred committed a fix the other day to support libtool 1.5 to HEAD.  I just
proposed that it should be backported to 2.0.  -- justin