Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 13:44:15 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130527

Hi All,

We continue doing the AOO 4.0 Full Regression test this week, here is the
weekly update (5/18 - 5/27), please find more detail statistics in wiki:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/WeeklyReport/20130527

*Test execution: *
We have assigned 1565 text executions to about 16 volunteers(some ask more
when they are done), and completed about 35% in execution so far. 2/3 Mac
test executions have been assigned out among volunteers and Mac test team.
100% Ubuntu test executions have been done. The target is to % attempted
1000 test executions before June 6 providing all volunteers complete their
assignments before that date.

*Defect summary:*
1. 34 defects were opened and 17 defect were resolved last week, so we have
17 (34-17) net new defect added in the backlog
2. 164 critical defects have been assigned to about 6 volunteers to
confirm, including all defects(79) after release 3.4 (please see defect
distribution among versions in wiki above)

*Issues & quality highlight:*
1. The connections on TestLink and BZ are really low and they are dropping
frequently which impact the productivity
2. Mac and Redhat are with risk as less testing done on them - need QA
assignees make progress on these platforms
3. Critical defects are waiting for fix - need more Dev volunteers to
involve
4. QAs are reminded to make sure to perform all test cases with navigation
and accelerators, and make sure to specify defect numbers in Testlink for
failed test executions

*Volunteer status:*
1. We have 3 volunteers ask more test executions when they complete
previous assignments
2. We have total 6 vulunteers(2 more this week) on defect work, need more
to clean backlog of unconfirmed and resolved defects

*Plan for next week:*
1. Prioritize critical defects and assign them to Dev volunteers
2. Confirm left 128 critical defects which are not confirmed yet
3. Continue AOO 4.0 Full Regression test

Thanks you all for effort this week, let's continue and make progress next
week!

Regards,
Yu Zhen