Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/27 05:26:03 UTC

How To Get Avalon Status, Was: StatusGenerator

To Avalon/Excalibur gurus,

Is it possible to get Avalon status like pool size/active count/etc?
If yes, how?

Vadim

Re: How To Get Avalon Status, Was: StatusGenerator

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> To Avalon/Excalibur gurus,
>
> Is it possible to get Avalon status like pool size/active count/etc?
> If yes, how?

Not really.  For security reasons, these things are not generally made
available.  I realize that this would make pool sizing and resource management
easier to plan.  One possibility would be to extend the Excalibur
component management architecture to get your pool-size, active count,
reserve count, etc.

It really was never discussed as needed.

The easiest solution would be to add more log comments (yes, MORE), that
would give you the pool information you are looking for.