Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Nine <tn...@apigee.com> on 2012/07/12 22:33:12 UTC

Passing system arguments to the forked maven process for release:prepare and release:perform

Hi all,
  I'm attempting to re-package a 3rd party open source project and create our own custom distribution.  I've modified and the source, and the repo is available here.

https://github.com/apigee/beanstalk-spring-integration/tree/usergrid

I'm attempting to perform a release, however these properties must be present at runtime for testing to work properly.

 -DAWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=[your aws accesskey] -DAWS_SECRET_KEY=[your aws secret key]

Because this uses sensitive data, I obviously don't want to put these properties in the Pom.  I've scoured the documentation, but I'm unable to find an example of how to do this, and I know I've done it before!  Here is what I'm attempting, which is failing.

mvn release:prepare release:perform -Darguments="-DAWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=[your aws accesskey] -DAWS_SECRET_KEY=[your aws secret key]"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Todd Nine

Re: Passing system arguments to the forked maven process for release:prepare and release:perform

Posted by Todd Nine <tn...@apigee.com>.
That sorted it.  Here's a link to the complete POM for anyone else who has this issue as well.

https://github.com/apigee/beanstalk-spring-integration/blob/02926556b51ec24b916a9ea41182c5bc10059609/pom.xml

Thanks again for the help!

--
Todd Nine