Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Dheeraj Kumar <dk...@iamsecvision.com> on 2016/03/22 12:20:54 UTC

Error while importing LDAP Users

Hi,

I have installed syncope GUI Installer 2.0.0-M1.

I have added ldap connector. (OpenLDAP)

However, I am having difficulties with importing users from ldap.

Please find below steps which I have followed.

1. Successful Connection to LDAP.
[image: Inline image 1]

2. Added Resource.

[image: Inline image 2]

3. Usermapping.

[image: Inline image 3]

4. Choosing attributes

[image: Inline image 4]

5. LInking

[image: Inline image 5]
6. Error while saving.

[image: Inline image 6]

Can you please let me know where I am getting wrong.

Also, If you could provide guide for further steps, that would be very kind
of you.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Dheeraj Kumar

Re: Error while importing LDAP Users

Posted by Giacomo Lamonaco <gi...@tirasa.net>.
Hi Dheeraj,
external attributes column should refer, in this specific mapping, to
the ldap attributes you are managing.
Assuming that the user objectClasses you're using are these ones top
person organizationalPerson inetOrgPerson, you don't have an username
attribute. You need to replace the "username" value with the "uid", I
guess.
Moreover, as I suggested in my first email, if the object classes are
the ones listed above you should "include in your mapping all the
attributes required by the objectClasses", otherwise you will receive
other errors.
Cheers,
--
Giacomo Lamonaco