Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Fu, Junwei" <ju...@intel.com> on 2016/11/03 01:37:20 UTC

How to setup cordova mobilespec with CLI

Hi All,

The steps of following the documentation<https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec> are too complex and All of repos need to pull the master branch, Do we have steps to build mobile spec with released CLI.

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec.git

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib.git

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli.git

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman.git

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-js.git

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho.git

$ git clone https://github.com/apache/cordova-android.git

$ cordova-mobile-spec/createmobilespec/createmobilespec.js -android

$ cd mobilespec

$./cordova run android

Thanks,

Junwei.

Re: How to setup cordova mobilespec with CLI

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
`coho repo-clone -r plugins` will fetch all the plugins.

mobile-spec usually tests with local plugins not released versions of
plugins on npm. You can checkout the release tags locally for all the
plugins and then run mobile spec to test with released plugins

Steps to checkout release tags of plugins:
1) Run `ACTIVE=$(for l in cordova-plugin-*; do ( cd $l; last_release=$(git
describe --tags --abbrev=0 2>/dev/null || git rev-list --max-parents=0
HEAD); echo $l); done | xargs echo)`
2) for l in $ACTIVE; do ( cd $l; tag=$(git describe --tags --abbrev=0); git
checkout $tag); done

now all of your plugins should be checked out from the latest tag. You can
run createmobilespec.js now and it should use these branches.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Fu, Junwei" <ju...@intel.com>.
The Cordova project of Crosswalk plugin can be compiled with the documentation http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/platforms/android/index.html#opening-a-project-in-android-studio , it also can be debugged for Java code with Android studio.  So how do you use Crosswalk with Android Studio?

I just realized that it's not the whole answer.  Once you fetch the repositories and clone them down all in a cordova directory, you should then be able to run the command, since you'll have all the repositories locally.  You should also make sure to get the cordova-plugin-compat plugin that allows plugins to work with earlier Cordova versions temporarily until we move the classes directly into Cordova proper.

BTW: This is a bit off-topic, but is there any update on when we can use Crosswalk with Android Studio?  We're currently using a flag to allow it to keep compiling with Cordova, but it would be good to be able to debug a project in Android Studio that uses Crosswalk.

Posted by "Fu, Junwei" <ju...@intel.com>.
Can we pull the released tag of those cloned repos?
coho repo-clone -r plugins -r mobile-spec -r android -r ios -r cli

I want to test the released plugins with the latest CLI.

Thanks,
Junwei.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.