Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/05/21 17:18:34 UTC

Re: dsbl.org dying?

mouss writes:
> Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> >> dsbl.org are having problems. it would be nice if people who use it
> >> disable it, at least temporarily.
> >
> > We had errors in our monitoring system also due to this last night.
> > The test point was invalid. (2.0.0.127).
> >
> > But i could not reach the site either so...
> > Most likely Ian will respond to this also.
>
> they have a hardware problem. People who can help them are encouraged
> to. Others should stop queries.

have you got a reference for that?  all dsbl.org says is "Since the
removal mechanism is offline now, the zone files have been temporarily
emptied."  Nothing about stopping querying.

--j.

RE: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by Robert - elists <li...@abbacomm.net>.

> From: mouss
>
> http://www.dnsbl.com/

I have never paid attention to it so... questions..

Was dsbl.org widely used?

In general, is it considered a major and necessary dnsbl tool for the war
against spam?

Does anyone have any idea how much sustained bandwidth in and out that it
took to run the main dsbl.org host?

Just wondering if it might be worth throwing an some cold spare commercial
server hardware we have laying around at it...

 - rh

Re: dsbl.org dying?

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.