Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eduardo Cusa <ed...@usmediaconsulting.com> on 2015/04/27 20:53:37 UTC

Datastax EC2 Ami

Hi Guys, we start our cassandra cluster with the following ami :

ami-ada2b6c4

https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/home?region=us-east-1#LaunchInstanceWizard:ami=ami-ada2b6c4

Now we need to add a new node and we realize this ami has cassandra 2.1.4
intead of 2.1.0-2.

Is it safe to join this node to the cluster? Or do we need to dowgrade on
the new node?

Regards
Eduardo

Re: Datastax EC2 Ami

Posted by tommaso barbugli <tb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I would remove the node and start a new one. You can pick a specific
Cassandra release using user data (eg. --release 2.0.11)

Cheers,
Tommaso