Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com> on 2013/02/17 21:32:10 UTC

Re: kafka 0.8 vs. scala 2.9.2

I have tried to build trunk and 0.8 branch today for the first time but
failed:

1. When using sbt clean package there are some minor  warnings but it
completes, however trying to run the server from packaged bin it exits with
class kafka.Kafka not found.

2. When trying to use scala maven plugin, with which I can build 0.7.x
branches (dependent on scala 2.8.0), after some tweaking of the generated
kafka-core pom and having all dependencies I can't compile - get a type
mismatch for Unit found zk Stat - has anybody tried to build 0.8 core only
jar with maven ?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong as my understanding of scala versions and sbt
is minimal.

Re: kafka 0.8 vs. scala 2.9.2

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.

--