Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Anestis Sismanidis <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/04 13:02:35 UTC

Multiple System Directories

Hello

I have a situation where I need two system directories, one in the
current directory and the other in the user home directory.

The one in the current directory will be located in a CDROM so it will
be read-only but I also need another one in the home directory of the
logged in user.

Is this possible?

If not, any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Anestis Sismanidis

Re: Multiple System Directories

Posted by Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oy...@Sun.COM>.
Anestis Sismanidis wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a situation where I need two system directories, one in the
> current directory and the other in the user home directory.
>
> The one in the current directory will be located in a CDROM so it will
> be read-only but I also need another one in the home directory of the
> logged in user.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> If not, any suggestion is appreciated.

I guess by system directories you mean the database directory.  Is there
any reason for not defining this as two separate databases?  (e.g., do
you need to access tables in different directories in the same SQL
statement?

--
Øystein