Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/07/21 17:09:11 UTC

[release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Hi all,

I talked to Nick the other day who is looking into the nlog4j and slf4j
stuff for us.  He is trying to get this stuff up on ibiblio which is a
bit more involved now because of the m2 dependence on POMs.  You cannot
just upload a jar without hunting down the dependencies anymore.

Anyhow this is going to take a little bit of time.  I think we can use
commons-logging for now to add any logging lines we need and make the
switch over when Nick is ready.  Meaning we can take our time and add
this to 0.9.2 which I'd like to release soon after 0.9.1.  There are
lots of bug fixes lined up for 0.9.2 whereas 0.9.1 is mostly
architectural changes etc.

So let's get 0.9.1 out there so our users can play with the latest
changes.  Meanwhile we can fix issues and switch the logging mechanism
for 0.9.2.

If there are no objections I would like to start the release process
immediately.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote, On 7/21/2005 11:09 PM:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I talked to Nick the other day who is looking into the nlog4j and
>> slf4j stuff for us.  He is trying to get this stuff up on ibiblio
>> which is a bit more involved now because of the m2 dependence on
>> POMs.  You cannot just upload a jar without hunting down the
>> dependencies anymore.
>>
>> Anyhow this is going to take a little bit of time.  I think we can
>> use commons-logging for now to add any logging lines we need and make
>> the switch over when Nick is ready.  Meaning we can take our time and
>> add this to 0.9.2 which I'd like to release soon after 0.9.1.  There
>> are lots of bug fixes lined up for 0.9.2 whereas 0.9.1 is mostly
>> architectural changes etc.
>>
>> So let's get 0.9.1 out there so our users can play with the latest
>> changes.  Meanwhile we can fix issues and switch the logging
>> mechanism for 0.9.2.
>>
>> If there are no objections I would like to start the release process
>> immediately.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>

> Is this a vote or release announcement?  If it's the former, then it
> would be nice to make the Subject more explicit and I would like to
> submit a +1.

Not really a vote as if we need a vote.  I was just checking if anyone
had an objection before cutting a release which is way overdue.  If
someone has an objection then we could make it a vote however I saw no
need for the formality especially considering the circumstances (new
features).

Alex

Re: [release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote, On 7/21/2005 11:09 PM:

> Hi all,
>
> I talked to Nick the other day who is looking into the nlog4j and
> slf4j stuff for us.  He is trying to get this stuff up on ibiblio
> which is a bit more involved now because of the m2 dependence on
> POMs.  You cannot just upload a jar without hunting down the
> dependencies anymore.
>
> Anyhow this is going to take a little bit of time.  I think we can use
> commons-logging for now to add any logging lines we need and make the
> switch over when Nick is ready.  Meaning we can take our time and add
> this to 0.9.2 which I'd like to release soon after 0.9.1.  There are
> lots of bug fixes lined up for 0.9.2 whereas 0.9.1 is mostly
> architectural changes etc.
>
> So let's get 0.9.1 out there so our users can play with the latest
> changes.  Meanwhile we can fix issues and switch the logging mechanism
> for 0.9.2.
>
> If there are no objections I would like to start the release process
> immediately.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Is this a vote or release announcement?  If it's the former, then it
would be nice to make the Subject more explicit and I would like to
submit a +1.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Posted by nickf <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 7/21/05, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 2005/7/22, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:
> > So let's get 0.9.1 out there so our users can play with the latest
> > changes.  Meanwhile we can fix issues and switch the logging mechanism
> > for 0.9.2.
>
> +1

+1

Enrique

Re: [release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

2005/7/22, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:

> So let's get 0.9.1 out there so our users can play with the latest
> changes. Meanwhile we can fix issues and switch the logging mechanism
> for 0.9.2.

+1

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [release] ApacheDS 0.9.1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 11:09 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If there are no objections I would like to start the release process
> immediately.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

+1 !